Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prepping for a new sister


I've finally used my sewing machine! Thanks for the help mom! This was only my 2nd sewing project that I've attempted on my own--turned out pretty well considering, although I did have help from my mom who used to sew her own clothes in high school and made me many an outfit/doll over the years!

Aiden has informed the entire class that the new baby's name is Emily. LOL...we aren't releasing her name to the general public, so we haven't told Aiden--but it is funny to see what he comes up with. I still don't think he really grasps what is coming, and I know there'll be a big adjustment period, but it'll all work out. Siblings do eventually get used to each other--or so I'm told.


5 comments:

Leslie said...

How impressive! That dress is so cute!

Ella keeps calling our baby Tyler even though we have never discussed that name. Funny how they come up with their own ideas. But for the record, I do like the name Emily :)

Melissa said...

Well aren't you miss susie-homemaker! I'm impressed. What a cute summer dress!! I'm still jealous - girl clothes are just so much fun! Did you sew all the squares together like a quilt or was it a patchwork fabric?

Elsie Hall said...

Oh, it's a patchwork fabric...LOL...I did applique the tulips, but that's it--that was hard enough for me this time! And no, Emily is not the baby's name--My cousin's daughter is Emmaline so that is kind of taken in our family already...:-)

The Perreca Family said...

LOVE the dress- of course she will look adorable in it, whatever her cute little name will be! I can't wait to hear it!!

Childress Family said...

SO cute! I'd love to learn to sew cute things. I think I could if I had a good machine. Yes, I *think* siblings do get used to each other...we're still waiting. :-)