Friday, August 29, 2008

Water Restrictions?

Well, our board of supervisors was supposed to be implementing water restrictions on Tuesday, September 2. What you see below is a completely dry creek bed that is overflowing thanks to the remnants of Fay which dumped 7 inches on our area Wednesday and Thursday. Let's hope that common sense prevails and we don't end up with water restrictions because of red tape issues (when the city of Richmond has water restrictions we're supposed to follow suit since some of our water comes from the James River). However, with government being the way it is, I'm not holding my breath that they'll be sensible this time around.

Aiden had a good time anyway. Every time I went out to get a picture of the oh-so-exciting water, he nervously stood on our covered porch saying, "Mommy! Come inside! It's thunder mommy, come inside!" My little worrier.



3 comments:

The Perreca Family said...

Wow - you have your very own swimming pool now!!

Anonymous said...

that semi-brown spot that you see in the picture is no longer...just an fyi.

Elsie Hall said...

ha ha...the swimming pool didn't last very long...and if anyone is wondering who mower man is...I have a feeling my significant other has decided that he should comment on my blog...Very funny.